An exciting week that brought together Emergency Management and Public Health Planning professionals from across the U.S. and around the world, culminated with an awards presentation recognizing some of the individuals and agencies who distinguished themselves as shining stars in the industry in the past year.
Awards were presented included the Exceptional Response Award, for exceptional use during real events over the last year; Best Client-led Users Group; Best Daily Usage of a Juvare Solution, for routine and consistent use of the Juvare platform on a daily basis; the Helping Hand award; the Juvare Champion award; and the 2019 William Ryan Honorary Award for Excellence, for dedication to the mission of preparedness, resiliency, excellence in commitment to a cause.
Here’s a list of the Exchange19 Awards recipients:
- 2019 Exceptional Response Award - North Carolina Department of Public Safety. Accepted by Carla Bissette.
- 2019 Exceptional Response Award - Marjorie Tayao, Hawaii Department of Health. For exceptional use during real events over the last year, including an unusually active hurricane season for the pacific, and sheltering operations for the Volcano.
- 2019 Best Client-led Users Group - Louisiana Office of Homeland Security, GOHSEP. Accepted by Melton Gaspard and Austin Dixon.
- 2019 Best Daily Usage of a Juvare Solution - Dan Lee and Jen Blazis, Illinois Department of Public Health. For routine and consistent use of the Juvare platform on a daily basis, including automated queries of hospital providers, public health communications for Hepatitis A, Measles, Cyclospora, Lead Poisoning, and many others.
- 2019 Helping Hand - Donnie Reece, Atlanta-Fulton County (GA) Emergency Management Agency
- 2019 Helping Hand - Peter Halliwell, Air New Zealand
- 2019 Juvare Champion - William “Sean” Holland, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- The William Ryan Honorary Award for Excellence - Craig Henry,Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. For dedication to the mission of preparedness, resiliency, excellence in commitment to a cause.
Juvare’s annual Exchange conference is the event of the year to gather and gain effective methodologies and innovative solutions in an open and collaborative environment from some of the industry’s top practitioners. Stay tuned for announcements about Exchange20 – we hope you will make plans to join us next year!