The right Critical Incident Management platform offers the tools to help your organization respond effectively
Disasters, emergencies, and critical incidents often happen without a moment’s notice. In these situations, lives hang in the balance. Quick, decisive action is necessary to ensure safety, to mitigate damage, and to recover.
The best decisions are made, especially in a crisis situation, with a full view of events as they are happening. Armed with accurate information, you can make good decisions faster.
Why is this important?
Businesses and Corporations: For corporations, critical events can lead to enormous financial losses by damage or disruption of business operations, supply chains, logistics, property, and even brand reputation. For example, studies have shown:
- Business downtime from natural disasters cost corporations an average of $336,000 per hour
- Companies affected by a data breach lose an average of 7% in stock value and 5% of their customer base
Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities: In disaster situations, communities rely on hospitals and healthcare facilities to continue efficient operations, even as healthcare staffing and resources are stretched thin.
Dealing with planned and unplanned crises, healthcare facilities have to must be able to efficiently coordinate with first responders, including fire, police, and EMS, while also complying with government agency standards, regulatory mandates, and accreditation requirements.
Higher Education Institutions: Colleges and universities are increasingly under scrutiny for how they handle crisis situations, which can affect funding, enrollment, and the school’s reputation.
Educational institutions today need not only the ability to handle operational security on a daily basis; they also need to be able to coordinate effective response to disasters in order to protect the lives of students, faculty, and staff, as well as mitigate potential damage to school property or even the standing of the institution itself.
How Critical Incident Management Platforms Help
Effective critical incident management technology can make a substantial difference in how organizations prepare for, respond to, and recover from critical incidents. The key benefit a platform offers, or should offer, is to give your organization the situational awareness you need for an effective emergency response.
The best critical incident management platform is one that gives your organization a number of capabilities including:
- A common operating picture including organization-wide, community, and state level events
- Real time views of operational status and visibility of resources available
- A centralized location for situational awareness, available across multiple locations and devices, at any time
- Ability to simplify processes and to standardize communication effectively with employees, partners, or stakeholders during events or emergency situations
- Ability to identify roles and actions of critical incident teams
Taking it a step further, emergency and critical event response is greatly enhanced by using a platform that offers increased connectivity, like the newly released Juvare Exchange, which allows organizations to respond to critical incidents across public, private, and healthcare sectors and beyond geographical and jurisdictional barriers.
What factors should go into your decision to invest in a situational awareness platform, and what features should you look for?
Download Why Organizations Should Invest in a Critical Incident Management Solution to learn more about:
· Why does a critical incident management platform make sense
· What are the features and components that make a critical incident management solution most effective
· What are the financial benefits of having a well-designed, customized situational awareness platform